Enabling Collaborative Planning
Supply Chain Planning systems provide key elements that will assist collaboration. These include:
- A database to reconcile and manage multiple users working on planning data
- Enforce access restrictions
- Manage access across the internet through appropriate firewalls
- Provide scalability including replication capability
- A common repository to document business processes, flows, and procedures
- A monitoring and event flagging system that can warn about potential events in the future
Arkieva’s Collaborative Planning Framework
Arkieva’s Collaborative Planning Framework is designed to fill in the gaps left by first generation Supply Chain systems. It provides a “wrapper” centered on a commercially robust database to extend the functionality of the existing software.
The Arkieva solution is based on a Microsoft SQL Server database. Key advantages of the solution include:
- A commercial database that is directly accessible by desktop tools. The data in Arkieva can be accessed by tools like “Access” and users can configure their own reports readily.
- Multi-user access and built-in user security. The database paradigm allows simultaneous access by many users. Security features allow the data to be partitioned and distributed selectively.
- A knowledge repository for organizing business processes and documents. Arkieva incorporates a document manager to organize and store procedures and documents. In addition, it provides a facility to share qualitative data like comments between different users in the supply chain.
- A fully integrated event flagging system. Metrics and flags can be configured so the system calculates and automatically reports exceptions.
- Support for collaborative demand management and collaborative planning.
Arkieva is designed using common Microsoft-based components so that the resources needed to maintain and support it are readily available. Extending the existing APS solutions with Arkieva provides companies with a simple and cost effective way of leveraging their APS investment.